Saturday, October 10, 2009

Small Boy!

I finally made it to a soccer game!  As we were heading out the door this morning my daughter looked at me and said "Momma, I don't want to go to soccer."  Now, at first I figured I should encourage her to follow through with what she started.  But she was adamant...  soccer just isn't for her.  So I sighed, a bit disappointed... and then stopped.  Why push her into something she's not enjoying?  She's three, she tried it... why?  Not to mention that for the two of us to go and not have fun at her soccer practice, we're missing my son's games.  So I just smiled at her, told her it was OK, and headed out to my son's game.

You know your kids are getting older when their sporting events stop being "cute" and start to be exciting...  Here are a few action shots I managed to get before my camera died.

The Small Boy's Soccer Game

Nice save... he really likes being the Goalie!

The Small Boy's Soccer Game

Another good save - it went clear across the field!

The Small Boy's Soccer Game

He doesn't hesitate to get right into the middle of it!

The Small Boy's Soccer Game

Yea, you like the tape number? This year's shirt was still in the wash (he wanted to wear it to school this week) so we used last year's numberless shirt and a little fabric first aid tape. Thinking on your feet!

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I've been trying my hand at canning...

Homemade Goodness!

From left to right we have Apple Honey (tried to make Apple Jelly but wound up with a thick honey-like substance that is a great substitute for Honey in cooking recipes and tea!), Apple Pumpkin Butter, Peach Jam, and Strawberry Jam. YUM!!!

And a final picture... of me, taking a break after some cleaning, cooking, and general SAHM stuff.

Stopping for a quick break

It's not a fabulous or "pretty" shot, but I like it just the same.

*sigh*

Life is good.

No comments: