Sunday, April 05, 2009

Increasingly Busy

I can't tell you how many times I've thought... I should go home and put this in my blog. But, with baseball season starting, the end of the school year approaching, things happening in MA, trying to spawn again, and now throwing the EX (not Husband, I've only been married once, the Hubbs, I'm referring to my son's Biological Father) into the mix... been a bit busy

Baseball? Spring is here!!! Wooo!!!! My son looks forward to baseball season every year! He's totally exctied! This year he's playing on a Minors Team (been bumped up a notch), with his favorite coach. He discovered that the team uniforms will be blue... care to guess what the next hair color will be? =)

School year? Things are winding down for summer... Thank Goodness!!!! I am so ready for some sun, warmth, and a bit of relaxation. So are my kids (biological ones and students).

MA? My cousin and mother are selling the house (my mother's half belonged to my Grandparents). I think it's safe to say the only one pleased about it is my cousin, but what are we going to do... I think my mom is silly for letting her force her into selling (and I've told her this several times, to each her own) but she's the one there, not me. Everything south has turned into a big sticky mess... and not all of it has to do with the house. For me, the house was the straw that broke the camel's back... it's been building and building for a while now and I've just decided to remove myself from the whole equation as much as possible. It hurts too much and I'm not into torturing myself.

Spawning? Not yet... but soon hopefully! Finally convinced the Hubbs to give it a shot. We were almost successful last month, had a positive pregnancy test result and everything... but it was short lived. I can't say I'm not disappointed but I am thankful that it happened now and not a month or two from now. It's not the first time it's happened to me, just hopefully the last. If at first you don't succeed.... try try again right? Nothing like turing your sex life into a science experiment... charts, timing... forget about wether or not you're "in the mood"... Wish us luck!

The EX? A month or two back my son (now 9 yo) started questioning me about his biological father... whom is in prision. To make a long story short, I sent him a letter to discuss the possiblilities of be bringing the Small Boy to visit. I'm sure some of you are just horrified at the thought of bringing a little boy into a prision to visit his father for the first time (not really, but he doesn't remember those visits from infant and toddler-hood). Well, I'm right there with you! But, I'm also right here, watching my son struggle with this. It's really eating at him. It's only natural for him to be curious and I can give him all the answers in the world, they are not going to be enough for him. He needs this. I'd rather tell him that he's long gone, never to return... but I'm not in the habit of lying to my kids. So after a few letters back and forth I'm making the 2 hour drive (one way) to visit him myself, alone. I need to set a few ground rules first. Fortuately for me, I have that luxury... I have full physical and legal custody of my son. And there's a lot my EX doesn't know about him. It's been well over five years since we've spoken. So... wish me luck again please...

1 comment:

Katie said...

I'm so happy you guys are trying for another baby :) I know how much you want more kids. Love ya