Saturday, December 13, 2008

Mistake?

So... I think I may have made a mistake... I just sent my mom an email. But I suppose I should start at the beginning. I have always spent the holidays with my family at my grandparents house. It wasn't until I was married that I spent a Christmas somewhere else; at my in-laws and it was the quickest holiday ever... arrived Christmas Eve and was on my way to my families house by 9 or 10 am. Things have been a bit choppy since they died in 2006. We gathered there last year but, through no fault of anyone there, it was a far cry from what it used to be. Maybe it was because we all knew that the house would be sold(it's being put on the market in January). This year we decided to stay home and have everyone come here. Sounded good at first... Everyone that usually gathered at my grandparents house is not coming. Not getting into that one right now... My mom told me that she'd be here for both Thanksgiving and Christmas. A week or so before Thanksgiving she called to tell me that she wouldn't be there because she was going to Texas with my brother instead... Today she stopped in to visit and told me that she's going to my sister's on Christmas. WTF! Have I done something? When she told me I just brushed it off and told her that was ok. But after she left I sent her an email...

I changed my mind... I am kinda upset. This is twice now that you've told me you're going to be here for a holiday and have blown me off for something better that has come along. Twice I've told my family that you'd be here and twice I've had to tell them that you changed your mind. But, what good is stomping my feet and whining about it going to do... if you'd rather be somewhere else... So, do whatever and let me know when you'll be here. But yea, it hurts a little.

I'm not sure if that was a mistake or not... we'll see.


ETA... Later the same night... Yes, it was a mistake. I should have just kept my mouth shut...

No comments: