Sunday, November 30, 2008

The Holiday's are changing....

We survived hosting our very first Thanksgiving! I cooked, with the help of Cheese (my sister... long story), way too much food. But none of it will go to waste, I love leftovers! It was a nice, relatively quiet evening. Just me, the Hubby, my two littles, Cheese and Baby Swiss (my niece), and my Father-in-Law. Plenty of good natured teasing and poking fun to go around. All the usual food... It really was a good evening and I'm hoping to do it again next year... maybe a bit more organized. But, there's no question about it... it wasn't the same. It left a different sort of taste in my mouth. Not bad, just different. Will the holiday's ever be the same? I'm wondering if they ever felt this, but put on a happy face so the rest of us wouldn't notice. I must have gone for the phone at least half a dozen times to call and ask for advice about cooking this or preparing that. Does that urge ever end? Somethings missing... will that void ever fade, or be filled? Or will I have to pretend for the rest of my life...

No comments: