Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Sick Day

The only way I can find the time to actually sit here and blog... during a sick day. I genuinely am sick, caught that nasty stomach bug going through the center... again. UGH! Fortunately it's a quick one, only lasting about 12 hours... So I slept until about 10:30 (unheard of for me! I'm usually up at five am.) Hubby put the small boy on the bus and kept the little bird entertained until she wouldn't hear anymore excuses about my absence and marched right up the stairs and woke me up herself. At least the nausea is gone for the most part. Now I'm left with the clammy ick and seriously sore stomach muscles... I'll take a shower in a bit, that'll help.
I've discovered the best way to keep track of me is through my flickr account, which I've been neglecting lately. *hangs my head in shame* The 365 Project has turned into a daily mini-blog of sorts. After taking so many pictures of myself, I've started making the captions a bigger part of the picture. For instance...

Relief ~ 365 Days, Day 200

Relief... ~ 365 Days, Day 200

The big 2-0-0... And with this momentous day in my 365 I come with confessions... and a light at the end of the tunnel. I am married to an alcoholic. Tonight, we began the process of checking him into rehab. It'll be a bit before he actually leaves but... now we both feel a bit lighter...

and

Yummy Tea... 365 Days, Day 205

Yummy Tea... 365 Days, Day 205

I know I haven't been much of a flickr-er lately... Just feeling the need to retreat inward a bit I guess. Lots of much needed and deserved quiet time. Like now, with a warm cup of tea... sigh.

These two pictures aren't exactly fabulous, no matter what way you look at them. Weird coloring, messy hair... rather unflattering actually. But with the titles and comments, it all seems to be appropriate or make sense. I wonder if I'm making any sense...

And yes, as you can see in the above pictures, Hubby is returning to rehab... or at least a ten day detox. He lost his job almost two weeks ago, unrelated to his drinking issues. It's a long story... and I really don't have the energy to type it all out now. In short, he was in a good place when he first came home from rehab last year and we both agree that he needs to get back there...

As always, never a dull moment around here... The Little Bird turned two a week ago. The Small Boy will be turning eight in two and a half weeks... Yay us!

No comments: