Monday, December 24, 2007

Love Today!

So... today has been a pretty good day... and we haven't even done our Christmas Eve gift exchange with my in-laws yet. You ever have one of those days where everything just seems... good. So good that you're just left with a happily content feeling... That's today. A lot of it has to do with how crummy things have been lately(funny how that works out). We all knew that this holiday season would be a bit rough due to The Folks passing last August(Nana) and December(Grampa). But there's been an added roughness around here lately... About six months ago my husband was officially diagnosed Bipolar. It's a great combo with addiction, let me tell you. It's also no picnic to treat; we've been trying out various medication cocktails as well as therapy. I know a lot of people would look at my husband differently if they knew this about him, but in my opinion(and I know the important people in my life share the same opinion) the bigger, better, healthier, and tougher man is the one that recognizes and accepts his flaws and does what he can to not necessarily fix them, but (for lack of a better word) embrace them... At any rate, we still have yet to find a cocktail that works well; which results in more than our fair share of crummy days. It's pretty stressful and I wouldn't wish this upon anyone, but days like today make all those crummy days worth it...

No comments: