Monday, October 29, 2007

Gearing up for the holidays...

...and this year... well... anyone that knows me understands why this year just isn't going to be the same. We're all feeling this way. Some are dealing with it better than others, and we're all doing it differently. I'm rather mixed up about it all. I want to do everything the same as we always have, but I know it won't be. It's just not possible. And yes, I know, it's a part of life and I need to make my own traditions and blah de blah de blah... The next two months should be interesting to say the least.

Finally seem to be kicking the Mono once and for all! Yay! Just in time for me to go crazy with holiday stuff! I've gotten two gift orders(crafting for money! Yay!) plus all my regular stuff. I'm finding that I don't actually make a lot of my gifts. Most everyone I know wants gift cards... But I am pretty jazzed about what we got for the littles. For my soon to be eight year old son, a Wii with all the trimmings! And for the almost two year old little miss(she is such a G-I-R-L!), a really nice all wood kitchen set with all sorts of accessories and goodies, and baby doll play set(complete with a porta crib, car seat, stroller, high chair, diaper bag, the works!). First time in a long time we've been able to spoil the kids. That I am genuinely looking forward to.

So now I'm off to clean, crochet, draw baths, and then work from home(monthly newsletters and curriculum). Have fun!

No comments: