Sunday, May 06, 2007

It's Just So Quiet...

Right now it's just me and my daughter. Hubby is still in rehab and my son is off with his Papa(my mother's recent ex - they were together for all of my sons life and have a pretty good relationship...) for the day. So, aside from my daughter's occasional baby chatter(she's babbling more now! Yay!) the house is "Cricket Quiet"(so quiet you could hear the crickets). Kinda nice.
I really should be paying the bills now, I'll head over there after I'm finished here. And then back to the Craftster Swap Boards...
Things are running smoothly. Hubby comes home in less than two weeks and he's doing really well. Yesterday when I went to visit we had a chat with his councilor. She's really nice, and just what he needs. I'm just sorry he won't be able to see her after he leaves there. But she agreed that he's doing well and things should go smoothly when he comes home. I expressed my concerns about the transition from there to home. There's no stress there! No needy kids, no bills to pay, no job to go to, no house to keep up, no dinner to put on the table... Both the councilor and hubby assured me that he had learned new coping mechanisms. Wonderful, reading the instructions and then actually building the motor are two different things. I'll be interesting to see how he does in the real world. I just hope it all works out. I made it clear that I couldn't do this again. Being a single parent of two kids isn't as difficult as I thought it would be, but getting into this routine while waiting is. I can do this alone, I don't want to, but I can. What I can't do again is play with patient, understanding wife that holds it all together while he's gone.
Despite all my ranting and raving, I really am looking forward to him coming home. I miss him terribly. The visits are OK, but we aren't allowed to touch... at all... I can't sit next to him while he puts his arm over my shoulders. Forget about cuddling. Just a peck and a hug on the way in and the same on the way out. I can understand not being allowed to disappear into his bedroom for a while, but this is a bit extreme. Not all physical contact is sexual. A lot of it is comforting! But I guess there are some that can't be trusted... Damn the irresponsible ones for ruining it for the rest of us!
While I was there we talked about moving again. Seems that we really kinda want to stay in this area; somewhere between here and where we grew up(about a half an hour north of here). I've got a fairly decent job, doctors that we love, family near by, we've carved ourselves quite the little niche here. But we definitely need to sell this house and get something with a yard and more square footage. And hubby wants a new job, and I'm all for it!

The future is looking a bit brighter...

No comments: