Saturday, March 10, 2007

PPPFFFFTTTTT!!!!!

Goodness, I've been meaning to get here forever! Let's start with the good stuff first...

Fruits of Our Labor

Cheese was visiting again last weekend and of course we cooked... Fried Mac & Cheese and Beef Taco Empanadas. Yummy. It's always so much fun when we do this. We make a huge mess, eat lots of food that really isn't good for us, talk, gossip, and just hang out and be sisters. Definitely one of the bright spots in my life... thanks Cheese!

The week before that the kids and I went to Florida. It was sooo nice. Lots of relaxing and much needed catching up with my son's family. They really are such wonderful people and we are so lucky to have them. They, of course, spoiled the little boy to death! I lost count how many trips to "The Fun Place" they made(local arcade; every parents... uhhh... dream... yea that's it... dream.). We were there on my son's birthday and he got to choose where we ate for dinner. We tried, unsuccessfully, to convince him to choose something that resembles real food, but Micky D's won by a landslide... UGH. Needless to say, I had a light dinner. I was actually surprised to discover that I lost weight while vacationing! We ate out at least once a day for Pete's sake! But yes, I can now take my favorite jeans of without unbuttoning them. We also went to Epcot at Disney, spent an afternoon at the beach(no swimming was involved, too chilly), and visited with extended family members. I wish we were able to spend more time down there with them. They're great grandparents and deserve more time with him.

While I was having a great time in Florida, things up here in NH were beginning to fall apart. My husband has crashed and burned and the fire has done some serious damage. First, we will have to put moving on the back burner for now. There is just no way we can do it now, his health is more important and he needs help now. So many women in my position would just cut and run; divorce him and move on. Part of me wonders if I should, but it just wouldn't feel right. For better or worse, richer or poorer, in sickness and in health. Not too many people take those vows seriously, but I meant every word I said. I know a lot of couples that entered into marriage way too quickly and then divorced just as fast. This takes work and we're both willing to invest the time and effort to make it happen. We really do love each other(yes, we're one of those couples that enjoy spending time together and have similar interests. I know a lot of couples that don't, it's scary.) So, after he hears back from his boss about what will happen when we do this, my husband will begin calling Detox Centers and Rehab Facilities to see how soon they will have a bed available. Wish us luck, we're going to need it...

PS. I miss my Nana and Grampa

No comments: