Saturday, February 10, 2007

George is sick...

Don't panic, George is just my computer(did I just say that?). Well, I'm panicking... He's almost four years old and we all know that computers these days have the same life expectancy of a hamster with the way technology doubles itself so quickly. In those almost four years I've never had a problem, it's been smooth sailing. Last week... I had a problem... A virus... I managed to clean it up and repair things, but I've been in denial about George's health for a while now. He's slowing down, having error messages; I'm having to use my back up, George Jr(lap top) more and more. I'm one of those computer addicts; I don't watch TV, I pay all my bills and do my banking online, leisure time(not to be confused with every spare minute of my day, I do work and have a family to spend time with too) is spent here in my comfy chair surfing away or crafting(my other obsession). But even my crafting requires the computer for swaps, patterns, and general inspirations. Yea, I just can't live without George. I'm coming to the realization that I'll need to replace him, most likely after we move this summer. But now I'm faced with a choice... Do I buy another trouble free, always been very sweet to me Dell. Or... I've been toying with the idea of getting a Mac. I don't know much about them, but have more good than bad. I'll have to research it further...
In other news, the kids and I are gearing up for a trip to Florida to visit my son's grandparents(his biological father's parents). I'm very excited to visit, I haven't seen them in over two years for Pete's sake! But, on the other hand, I hate flying... especially by myself with two kids. Once we move, we'll be able to drive, and it will be good! We'll be there for my son's seventh birthday which will be great! I was so excited once I realized that we'd be able to finagle this. I often feel guilty because we don't spend more big holidays with them(who am I kidding, I feel guilty that we don't spend more time with them period). At any rate, it'll be interesting. My now one year old daughter has never flown before and she'll be riding in my lap; with a little luck there will be an extra seat and she can have it. One of the perks of flying with kids, no one wants to sit with you so the extra seat in our row is usually the last to be filled, if it's filled at all. It'll be fine, I'm sure.
Big news! We've got a buyer for our house! Yep, we really are going to move! What an adventure that'll be!

No comments: