Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Headaches Suck

Can't argue with that title, now can you? I've been posting tons on my crafting blog and neglecting my home blog... Bad me... *hangs my head in shame* Life these days is rolling right along, sometimes too fast and other times too slow. I guess it depends on what you're looking at. If you're looking at my children; much too much fast. One's loosing teeth and the other is sprouting them left and right. Years from now I'll think back and just see teeth flashing before my eyes. If you're looking at my living room, time is cruising on at a fair speed, not too fast, not too slow. We got our Christmas Tree today and it's just sitting here, filling my living room with a smell I had long forgotten. I grew up living in a log cabin in the woods and the smell of any kind of tree just whisks me back to my childhood. It's patiently waiting for lights and decorations and the eventual presents beneath it. If you happen to be looking at my Grampa however, I think time is playing a cruel game. Don't get me wrong, I don't want him to die, but I don't think he's enjoying suffering like this and he's not going to get better. The cancer is spreading and he now spends his days in the rented hospital bed in his living room, doped up on pain killers. My husband's thinking is right; I don't want to get old either. But I suppose age really has nothing to do with this. Cancer kills young and old alike. I wish it were a faster, less painful and more merciful predator....

No comments: