Sunday, January 03, 2010

Quick, before I forget!

For Christmas The Hubbs got me a waffle maker... nothing fancy, just a simple two square jobbie from Walmart.  Perfect for our little family (I so do not need all sorts of bells and whistles).  =)  So I went in search for a waffle recipe.  I had some insta-breakfast mix stuff(good for pancakes, biscuits, waffles, etc.) on hand but I wanted something better.  After poking about on the interwebs for a bit I didn't find something that just yelled YUM at me... so I came up with my own!  And it was soooooooooo good!  I meant to snap a picture, but we were so enticed by the aroma... alas, they were gone by the time I thought of it again.  Besides, it's the scent that really pulls you in!  Here's the recipe:

2 C AP Flour
4 t Baking Powder
1/4 t Salt
2 T Sugar
1 t Cinnamon
1 1/2 C Milk
3 T Vegetable Oil
3 T Apple Sauce (I used my homemade stuff!)
2 t Vanilla Extract
2 Eggs - Seperated

First, sift your dry ingredients together.  Then add in the milk, oil, apple sauce, vanilla, and egg yolks.  Whisk until smooth.  In a separate bowl beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form.  Gently fold the egg whites into the rest of the batter.  And that's it!  Pour the appropriate amount into your waffle maker, cook, and enjoy!

Maybe next time I can have my camera ready before my family decends upon my kitchen... 

Enjoy!

No comments: