Saturday, November 14, 2009

Rainy Saturday

Yea... so much for that walk we were going to go on...

*grumble, growl, snort*

However... rainy Saturdays are perfect for baking and cooking!  Like this Snowball Cake I made last week...

Snowball Cake

Sadly... it didn't taste as good as it looked. The cake part was good, the "frosting" was ok although the coconut kinda threw it off, but the filling really left a bit to be desired. =(

Dessert was a bust that week, but breakfast was wonderful!

Butterscotch Muffins

Butterscotch Muffins! I altered the topping, substituting oatmeal for the pecans... we're nutty enough, let's not add to it. ;) These babies were so stinkin' moist! Nom nom nom nom.

I also made a batch of Chocolate Fudge Butterfinger Cookies... OMG! They are the bestest cookies ever!!! I didn't take any pictures (we ate them too quickly) but here is a bit of cocoa love for you...



Cocoa Love

And now I'm off to make Lasagna for dinner. Yes, I realize it's only ten in the morning... Lasagna is always better if it's made, chilled, and then reheated. Or at least I think so... And maybe a cake too... Hmmmm... cake... what kind am I feeling like...

No comments: