Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Amazing Pork Chops!

I made the most amazing pork chops last night for dinner... and have been itching to get my ass over here to my 'puter and type it up before I forget what I did!  So, here goes:

I used:
6 Boneless Pork Chops (1" thick)
Cinnamon
Fresh Ground Black Pepper
Fresh Ground Garlic Sea Salt
Garlic Powder
Butter
Minced Garlic
1 Macintosh Apple - peeled, cored and chopped into large pieces
1 half pint jar of Home Made Apple Pumpkin Butter (recipe to follow)
1/2 C-ish of Apple Cider
1/2 C-ish of Brown Sugar


So, first I rubbed the chops, on both sides with some cinnamon, pepper, salt, and garlic powder.  Then I quickly seared each side in a hot pan with the butter and garlic.  Now my pans can go directly into a hot oven.  If you have the same...  once done searing the chops add the apples, apple pumpkin butter, cider, and brown sugar.  Quickly stir so they are loosely combined and then toss into a 375 degree oven.  If you do not have pans that can go into the oven, put everything into a 9x13 and put that into the oven.  Let them cook for 20 - 30 minutes (until the chops are cooked all the way through).  After taking the pan out of the oven, remove the chops and put the sauce back on the stove to reduce it down a bit, until it's nice and thick... scoop-able!  This only took a few moments.  =) 


Unfortunately, I did not have my camera... stoopid me left it at my mom's (and I didn't even use it when I brought it there!).  But, it was returned to me early this evening...  Since then I have been enjoying a nice quiet evening knitting, drinking hot cocoa, and watching Food Network...  =D




*yay*






No comments: