Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Tax Season!

Next to birthday's and holidays... this is my favorite time of year... it's like Christmas: Part Two! The one time of year when we get to catch up, feel financially secure(even if temporarily), and maybe even make a frivolous purchase or two...

Lucky for my children, their birthday's follow tax season. We took the Little Bird to Build a Bear for her third birthday. She bee lined for Hello Kitty, a little bewildered as to why she was so floppy and naked. Once I explained and pointed out several things... well, we were done in ten minutes and Bird hasn't put her down since...

The Small Boy's birthday is fast approaching... he's been begging for a sleep over party for weeks now... I'm hesitant simply because his birthday is right in the middle of February vacation and I don't want him to be disappointed if only a few show up. Maybe I'll try to talk him into a special outing with a friend or two...

I don't know about the rest of you New Englanders out there... but I am so ready for winter to be over!!! Snow, cold, ice, and general winter misery... UGH! I need spring! Green! Warmth! We went shopping this past weekend(yay tax season) for some much needed clothes and household items(sheets and such) and everywhere we went had wonderful spring displays... Good-bye Winter... Hello flip flops!!!

I'm still plucking along with my 365, although I'm being a bit less... trying to find the right word here... picky? Every picture doesn't need to be a masterpiece! There are days when all I can muster is a craptastic shot of my hand holding a ball of yarn. What can I say... I work full time, have two kids(very active kids!), a husband... the rest of my family... If you don't like my pictures... don't look... =) It's for me.. not you...

Snow Day! Day 28

WTF!!!  Day 2-3

That second one is me, flipping off the space where my new microwave should be... Effing Lowes appliance guy... had to return it and will try to find another one that will fit. Meanwhile, my kitchen is in shambles.

G'nite... I'm off to knit...

No comments: