Sunday, August 31, 2008

Back to School!

It's that time of year again... Back to school, and this year he's going back with style and attitude...

Ready for Third Grade

This was totally unprompted... and I've noticed a few changes in my Small Boy. He's now voicing his opinion about wardrobe choices and insisting on growing his hair out. Neither bother me a bit, he has pretty good taste and I love, love, love his hair. We even put red in it! He's losing those child qualities; trading them in for adolescent traits. Sometimes I see the "pukey boy" come out, attitude and all. But I also see more of the responsible boy. He's growing into quite the kid... =D I can't wait to see what kind of adult he'll be!

As for the Little Bird... she's not going back to school, still just in preschool and will be for another few years. But when she saw me photographing her brother she felt the need to be included too... and who am I to argue...

She's ready too...

It amazes me how much she resembles me.

Me as a little...

As a child I didn't have much self worth and suffered from low self esteem. Looking at my daughter I'm struck by just how gorgeous she is! And it occurs to me that I must have been equally as beautiful. It's too bad I never realized my worth until I was much older(like adulthood older). I don't have a big head or anything, but I'm always telling people that there's nothing wrong with knowing your worth. If I'm successful in any of my parenting endeavors, I do hope that I am able to instill this into both my children.

Jeeze... what was supposed to be a quickie turned into a "deep thought"... lol... Happy Labor Day All!


No comments: