Sunday, June 08, 2008

Flaggle, Blaggle, Kababble...

Yea, that's how I'm feeling as of late... I'm having another productive weekend, which is always good. Cleaning, organizing, and worrying... We've had a fairly large family upheaval this week. Nothing like the norm and it doesn't directly involve the four of us(so I won't dive into details), but the effect of it all has definitely been big... The only thing that can help and heal this is time... which always seems to slow down to a crawl at times like this. I hope we all can pull through this unscathed, safe and sound, and happy...

The littles are really frustrating me today... Mr. Man has recently gotten into the habit of helping himself to whatever he wants whenever he wants to... He's taken my cell phone(and downloaded about $150 worth of games to play), hubby's cell phone(same thing), items from our bedroom... I feel he has lost respect for other's personal property. *side note - I'm seeing he doesn't really take such good care of his things either...* BTW, he's eight. I've tried time outs and talking to him and taking his own things away from him, as well as loss of privileges... And my wonderful childcare provider is in on helping me too. She talks to him while he's there before and after school about respect and trust, works with him and has even offered to enforce a loss of privileges while he's there. I don't believe in corporal punishment. I'm at my wits end... He sneaks out of bed at night to do this... am I supposed to lock him in his room or something!?!? FYI... I don't think I could really ever do such a thing... I can't sit there and watch his every move, I'd never get the laundry and dishes done... not to mention the quality hubby time and quiet time that all us parents crave after the kids go to bed. Today, as a result of last night's raid of my bedroom, he's spending the entire day helping me with chores around the house... and more than just his usual ones. We're skipping the trip to the library we talked about, as well as a surprise trip to the lake I had planned. I just don't know how to get this through to him...

Birdie is a typical two year old... nothing to really complain about, just everyday frustrations. I pick up the living room just in time for her to come crashing through and pull it all apart... I make a meal and she refuses to eat it for some reason only known to herself. And the tantrums... how I wish she could talk better... she get's so frustrated (probably as frustrated as I do sometimes).

Now I'm sure some will think this is just awful. Here I have two beautiful, wonderful kids and I'm bitching about them. Never fear, I am well aware how lucky I am to have such treasures. But I am also a realist... nothing is all sunshine and roses... not life... not parenthood... not my kids... not even my blog...

No comments: