Saturday, January 13, 2007

Little more time...

So I've got more than thirty seconds(not much more, I'll probably be popping up and down making dinner while I type)...

Basketball was great! I just love sports at this age, it's all about fun and not about winning and beating the shit out of the other team. During the game before my son's game there was a boy that fell and hit his knee pretty hard. His entire team ran over to him, including his little sister(she was playing as well), to see if he was OK and help him up. He ended up needing to go sit on the bench for a few minutes, so he limped over to the side and sat down. His teammates went with him and his sister ended up sitting out with him, because she wanted to. Can we just keep them little? It was very sweet.
My son's game was awesome! He got a ton of playing time and had a blast! He actually came home tired and hungry(he's not a big eater, we have to push him so he'll maintain his weight, he's a little on the skinny side)! He was a little disappointed that he never made a basket, but once I pointed out that he had a few good assists, he was happy. "It's all about working as a team," he said. I love our local rec department!
My daughter is turning into a bruiser. She'll be a year old at the end of this month and has six teeth. She's chipped two of them already... We're going to a pediatric dentist next week to have them checked out, just to be safe. If she's anything like her brother then her teeth will need all the help they can get(he's got two caps already!). And, we're working on our second ear infection in three weeks. yay(note the lack of enthusiasm). I'm just hoping this won't become a chronic thing...
I think we're going to start the "moving to North Carolina" ball rolling. I've got a friend that sells mortgages. I'll be emailing him soon about pre-approval. I invited my sister to come with us so I'm not sure if we'll be looking for a one family(just for the four of us) or a multi-family. Part of me really just wants to buy a nice house with a bit of property and call it good. But then there's that other part that thinks it would be a great investment opportunity to buy a multi-family property, live in one unit and rent the others until we're in a position where we can buy our dream house. We'll see I guess. I don't know if I want to be a land lord, or live in an apartment with neighbors right on the other side of the wall. I have a cousin that manages property, I'll have to chat with her about it.
Been crafting a lot, as usual. I also sold one of my mini totes the other day on etsy. So now I'm treating myself to a spinning kit. It's not enough that I make things out of yarn, now I feel the need to make the yarn first... I'll be OK someday(that's what Hubby always tells me). Speaking of Hubby, I promised him I'd try to spend less time on the computer and more time on the house and family(I'm addicted to this fucking thing! It's my own personal crack!). So, I'm off to finish dinner and fold some laundry...

No comments: