Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Little of this... little of that...

Yep, found a few minutes and here I am. Been craft swapping my brains out(just finished one big one and two small ones, plus I just started another small one... I'm addicted!), but I'm getting a ton of great stuff; a tote bag for my crocheting, a beautiful fabric bowl(so fuckin' pretty!), and I'm doing a personal swap with one of the swappers. She saw the gift tags I made for another swap partner and liked them so much asked if I could make her some... *puffs out chest and inflates ego* Woot! I wonder, though, if maybe I should slow down a bit. As of late, I haven't had too much time with the Hubby, not entirely my fault though, he's been working a butt-load of hours at work because they are seriously short staffed. Putting that aside, I sometimes get the feeling he's trying to distance himself a bit and I can't figure out why. We both have a lot going on right now and it's been a rough year(understatement) and it's not going to get a lot easier anytime soon. One can hope though... In other news, there was a bit of police activity at my son's school. Actually, "a bit" is an understatement, the fucking school was in "lock-down" and none of the parents were notified! I guess there was a threat against the entire SAU last night and the school didn't feel it was necessary to alert the families and give them the option of keeping their kids home. I found all this out this evening from my daycare provider, and she didn't find out until after our children(she has a second grader) were already at school. She is just as unimpressed as I am. They(the school's "powers that be") have no right to make that decision for me. I would not have sent my son to school had I known this was going on... Neither would have a lot of parents I know... I'll be sending a letter to the school superintendent's office, as well as the principal of my son's school. Inexcusable...

No comments: