Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Not a resolution...

No, it really isn't... it just seams that way because of the timing.  We finally got our home gym (yes, we have a home gym... one of the perks of merging families!  Don't be too jealous though, it isn't climate controlled, just indoors.) set up about two or three weeks ago.  I started on the treadmill.  Just walking for the fun of it.  Well, walking is boring.  I have many fond memories of running as a child.  It was so much fun... so free... and fast.  *sigh*  I saw a friend of mine had started the C25K program... so I jumped on the band wagon.  After the each of the first two runs... well, I figured I could share my thoughts here...  


Dear Self,
I realize that you were super excited today to start running. You’ve really prepared well for it; walking regularly for the past three weeks, bought a proper sports bra (one that is tight enough to prevent black eyes yet still allows you to breathe comfortably), actually tied your sneakers instead of just shlepping around in loose shoes, and even managed to score a borrowed hand me down iPod touch and the C25K app to make it all easier and a bit more fun! Fantastic! Great Job, Self! However… this does not excuse you from forgetting to bring a water bottle with you or forgetting to eat breakfast before heading out to the treadmill (Self is spoiled, we have a work out room in our unheated barn… pull up bar, treadmill, bow flex… one of the perks of merging three families into one household)! If this happens again, there will be consequences (like passing out due to dehydration or low blood sugar, perhaps!). Congratulations on your first day!
<3 
Me



That was Sunday... today was another story...

Dear Self,
You were a little over exuberant with breakfast this morning… did we learn our lesson? Fortunately for you, this program is completely customizable. While you were able to complete the run, it wasn’t terribly satisfying or even half as enjoyable as W1D1 was. I think maybe repeating W1D2’s run would be best, yes? Hooray for staying positive, pacing yourself, being motivated, and learning from your previous experiences. =)

<3 
Me

How much fun is this going to be?  With a little luck I'll continue posting little notes here as I continue to run.  =)

No comments: