Sunday, April 13, 2008

A New Nest for the Little Bird

This year for for their birthdays Hubby and I decided to redo the Little's Bedrooms. We started both yesterday, but only got The Little Bird's Room done Here are a few pictures of the progress and finished room...

Iiiiiiiittt's Vanna!

First we taped... That would be my Fabulous sister (and partner in crime) Cheese (aka Donna). It actually took us longer to tape in all the stripes than it did to paint them...

My creation

Next was the fun part, painting. The trick with stripes is to measure... a lot... and use a level. My house is over 100 years old and the corners aren't all straight due to settling. Once you get the paint on wait a few minutes (paint the next stripe while you wait) and then do a second coat. Then, before the paint is completely dry (within 15 - 20 minutes) peel the tape off. The results...

My creation

And then... the finishing touches; new big girl bed (actually her big brother's top bunk, he graciously said she could use it), new curtains, new curtain rods, new matching bed canopy, new switch plates for the outlets and light switches, a few strings of clear lights, and a hand made by me quilt. I actually made the quilt a few Christmases ago (OK, more like five) for my Nana. I thought it only fitting that I put it on her bed now seeing how she was named for Nana. Did she love it???

She likes it!

Yep! And just because she's so stinkin' cute...

So Pretty!!!

With a little luck we'll get The Small Boy's Room done today and I'll have a chance to post those pictures soon...

=D

No comments: