Saturday, October 14, 2006

What's gotten into me?

So, for those of you that aren't familiar with me, I'm not the neatest person in the world. Don't misunderstand, I despise filth. But I am a huge clutter bug and pack rat(don't the two go hand in hand?).
Eeeepp! I was distracted by an online donation... I'm participating in the Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk tomorrow in Boston, MA. A few last minute donations are coming in and I wanted to make sure I thanked the senders.
Anyway... I just spent the entire afternoon cleaning my kitchen. I pulled small appliances off what little counter space I have and cleaned behind them, scrubbed my flat top range(I love it!), polished each of my small appliances(well, wiped clean anyway, including my kitchen aid mixer(I love that more!)), washed the floor, and even rearranged some of the cabinets. While doing this I also made dinner; Chili with some pretty funky looking rolls. First time I've used this recipe and well... they smell great(I have a bread maker as well so I make all my own bread, smells so nice!) but they look a little strange... very tall, very big, hopefully very soft and chewy and good with the chili that's been in the slow cooker all day. My sarcastic pain in the ass hubby(I really do love him to death, but this is the first time I've sat for more than five minutes all day for pete's sake!) is prying me away to help him remove the air conditioner(long over due and very heavy). Maybe I'll be back later...

I'm back, and it's later. This edit thing is pretty nifty... Those rolls, one word, fan-tas-tic! Soft and chewy, smelled wonderful, I'm going to make a whole loaf with this recipe! Yes, I am a nut, I get terribly excited about a bread recipe. The chili wasn't bad too, still trying to perfect that one... Hubby and small boy liked it though, and that's saying something. Both are a bit picky. So yea, dinner rocked. And now I'm off to the craftster website, www.craftster.org. If you're even remotely into crafts, check it out, well worth it! Ta!

No comments: